I saw her prayers, prayers filled with so much longing and hope and sadness. What an amazing lady, who drew strength from God every single day even as her marriage was falling apart. I read her profile, and I was amazed - a sinner saved by grace indeed. She recounted all of the mistakes of her youth, and how God still allowed her in His presence.
Most of the time, when I read stories of faith, I expect happy endings. But when I got to the end, I realised this lady had just very recently agreed to a divorce with her husband. I felt a pain in my heart when I read of her situation, and me being the very emotional person that I am, even contemplated writing her an email to encourage her.
And I wonder...
-----------------------------------------------------
It says here:
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for those that love Him" - 1 Corinthians 2:9
It's really difficult sometimes to trust in the promises of God - and that is why faith is a gift. I went to pray for persecuted Christians in St. Ebbes, and what I heard astounded me:
"They took my husband and my children, and I never saw them again. But God has a plan for all of us."
The minute I heard these words, my inner world somehow crumbled - my goodness, you lost your family, and still you utter such words of faith? My lady, you're an amazing witness to me!
------------------------------------------------------
What was Jesus' response when he saw Lazarus dead? Jesus wept.
------------------------------------------------------
I remember stepping into the kitchen, and this lady was there:
"I'm absolutely tired... sigh. But we're doing this for the Lord!" - Wong Bi Min
And my heart was comforted.

0 comments:
Post a Comment