Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lord Almighty: Hear My Prayer

Dear Father,

You're awesome no matter what - I've learnt that even in bad times You show Yourself to be good. Sometimes this child of Yours cannot see beyond the small ring of light around his feet - sometimes he asks: "Father, why is the ring of light so small? I can only see where I'm standing now and I can't even see what my next step is..."

Then sometimes this child of Yours asks: "Father, what do I do? I cannot see beyond this ring of light, and how come You're so silent?"

But when the Father speaks, the child is quietened. Dear Lord, speak, speak, speak, your child is listening. He will listen to You, he will honour You with everything he has.

Lord, help me be a blessing still - help me encourage people even when I only have a ring of light around me. The Lord shall be my light - thy Word shall be a lamp unto my feet.

This child is heavy-ladened, blind and weak - but he knows You are beside him. He dares not sin, he dares not disobey - but Father please provide him with strength and courage to live each day. Help him be a blessing still.

Help me be a blessing still.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment