Last Sunday, I actually got invited to an international food fair by the committee at Jesus College - it's an evening where all the graduate freshers cook for one another and show off their country's special dishes. Yours truly here ended up doing nothing because he was too tired after coming back from church and I guess he was too lazy as well, haha! But they still let me in anyway, so I thought I'd just go and check it out.
I didn't eat much because I was too sleepy, haha.
I didn't eat much because I was too sleepy, haha.
But of course, I took some pictures! So here's what we had:
| Really Good Tiramisu (Courtesy of Chiara Toniolo) |
The best tiramisu I ever had was in Besana, Italy, made by Marco Monti's Mum, but this tiramisu wasn't that bad - it was smashing! No liquor, and it just tasted so good. I had two servings! And this is what the pan looked like:
| Chiara's Tiramisu |
I found something close to home as well - Dragon Beard Candy:
| Yvonne Yang's Dragon Beard Candy |
I guess I shouldn't take pictures upside down, but oh well! And then some things just got snapped up really fast so I guess I was too late:
| The Fast and the Furious Leave Nothing Behind |
And then there was the traditional salad by the healthier people:
| Salad Galore |
No one seemed to have touched the salads, haha! Oh, and because my friend couldn't get butter and flour, he used oats instead for his apple crumble, quite ingenius:
| Interesting English Apple Crumble - with Oats and not Butter and Flour |
And not forgetting the German sausages and apple pie:
| German Sausages with Relish and Apple Pie |
I felt really at home when I saw KFC:
| Good 'ol Jacket Potatoes, American Food (KFC) and Cookies |
And how can you not have the traditional English tea time snacks:
| English Tea Snacks |
And here's a snapshot of all the lovely people:
| The Lovely People |
The food was pretty great, but I still haven't gotten used to socializing yet. Oh well, maybe I'll pick it up, but I'll skip the drinking bit. It's too much for me really. I think it's because I get sleepy by 8 PM so I just can't talk to people anymore, but everyone's really so accommodating and really nice. The lady in the foreground in the blue shirt is Julia Dechamps, from Munich, Germany, and she has been really kind to me. She's studying for her Masters in Applied Statistics!
------------------------------------------------------
Today was the graduate freshers' Induction Ceremony, where we were introduced to the college staff and had to sign our names on some nameroll. So what this equates to is that we got to dress up in our suits! I personally don't like formal wear that much, but oh well, I guess once in a while it's alright.
So I guess I had to take some pictures - I didn't get a chance to take a full-body shot, so I guess these will have to suffice, and you can get to see who my new friends are as well:
| Graduate Freshers at the Dining Hall, Jesus College |
| YYK (left) and Benjamin Winters (right, Germany) |
| YYK (right) and Neil (left) |
| Other Graduate Freshers |
| YYK (left) and Marco Cancino Avila (right) |
Marco Cancino Avila's the guy from Chile who plays Final Fantasy on the PS3! How happening is that!
Well, that's all for now, toodles! :)

3 comments:
I really can't imagine having to wear a suit for exams!
So I guess they had to make sure you used your suits not just for that one occasion....
Haha, I also say! But I really don't like wearing suits... then again it keeps me warm, heh.
Nice!!! XD
Post a Comment