Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday is Here: Praise the Lord Again!

I know some of you reading this blog aren't Christians, and I really apologize really for talking about God once in a while on my blog, but it means something to me, quite a lot actually - just as all of you mean something to me, quite a lot actually. :)

You know, in John 3:16, one of the most often quoted bible verses of all time, has four fundamental truths in it all in just one verse:

"For God so loved the world He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

(1) There is a God who so loves the world - and my friend, that's you and me and everybody. :)

(2) He has but just one son - but He gave His son for you and me, so that just as the snake was lifted up in the desert, so shall the Son of Man be lifted up, that he might take on sin himself for our sake.

(3) He asks us to believe in the name of His son - I shall speak of more of this later.

(4) He will give us eternal life - and how many people know what eternal life means? If you don't know, then think about what the opposite of eternal life is - you'll be quite shocked to know that the opposite of eternal life doesn't quite mean death.

In the Old Testament, belief equates to commitment - and therein lies the difference between a saving faith and an empty faith. Even the Devil himself knows of God's existence - but is the Devil saved?

Perhaps I shouldn't go too much into rhetorics - but hey, aren't revelations from God, and not from man? :)

---------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, let's see, today I went to Magdalen College with Benjamin, Tommy, Hui Shan and her friend from London; we went after church at about 2:30 pm, but I didn't stay for long because I really wanted to go home and rest. I went along with them anyway to take a walk and I realised that Magdalen College is really beautiful, somewhat like all the other colleges:

Magdalen College, Oxford
This college really, is beautiful! It really looks so serene, and lush and beautiful! Then again most colleges are beautiful, oh well! And then the front lodge looks quite nice with a solitary autumn tree - wouldn't it be cool to take a photo of this tree in all four seasons? 

Front Lodge, Magdalen College (Hui Shan in background)
That's Hui Shan in the background, but I guess you can't see who she is, haha! She's a USP scholar whom I got to know through Geck Woon - by the way, Geck Woon just had her wedding with Ying Tat, awesome! :)

Benjamin (left), Tommy (middle) and Hui Shan's friend (right)
Okay fine, so I forgot Hui Shan's friend's name - but I know he's studying English at NTU and he's here in the UK for an exchange programme down at London and he's visiting Oxford for the weekend. Tsk, exchange students are so free and easy!

Front Lodge, Office Area

Coat of Arms, Magdalen College

Front Porch, Magdalen College

Autumn Tree

Living Quarters, Magdalen College

Green Pastures

Living Quarters

The Castle-Like Architecture
And then I just came back, topped up my calling card, and went to sleep off my fatigue. :)

---------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, Marco (from Chile) took a video of our matriculation yesterday afternoon:


And did you catch that? I can't wait to graduate! I've started the trend - now everyone at Oxford is telling me to stop saying that, haha! :)


But I will cherish my days here. :) Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment