I went on an adventure today! Actually it was to crystallize the grand scheme I've been hatching since last week, haha! But I spent some time talking to one of my lecturers, Dr. Peter J. Grout, after lessons and he spent a good forty minutes just telling us about his life. It was really lovely! And I thought since there was nice weather today, I should go out for a good walk while going about my grand plan! And it did me a lot of good - I realise the sun cheers me up a lot, as does beautiful blue skies. :)
So here's the start of my day - I realised a tidy desk helps me to work better:
 |
| Tidy Desk |
And well, I usually start my day with cereal, but I really like cookies drenched in milk:
 |
| Breakfast - Cookies and Milk |
And after wolfing down my breakfast (yes I woke up a little late at 7:30 am), I went down for Mathematics lessons at the PTCL:
 |
| Physical Chemistry Laboratory |
And after lessons and the long chat with Dr. Grout, I went sight-seeing a little, and lol and behold, I found a new college today: Keble College!
 |
| Keble College |
And guess what? It's found along Keble Road, haha:
 |
| Keble Road |
And the computing laboratory's found along the same street too:
 |
| Computing Laboratory |
 |
| A Glance at the Laboratory |
Just opposite the grand college that is Keble:
 |
| Grandeur, Keble College |
And of course, walking down Keble Road brings me to Banbury Road, where the church of St. Giles is located:
 |
| Banbury Road |
And it houses a quiet cemetary too:
 |
| St. Giles Church Cemetary |
And it has a quiet backyard, although it's quite plain now in autumn:
 |
| Church Backyard |
Some people sat down in the cemetary reading:
 |
| Quietness and Stillness |
 |
| Those Who Walked Before Us |
And here's the entrance of the church:
 |
| St. Giles Church |
And just across the street from the church was my destination, Little Clarendon Street! But I'm not going to tell you what I came here for:
 |
| Little Clarendon Street |
If you head back to the city centre along this stretch, then you'll see some interesting buildings:
 |
| First Church of Christian Scientists |
 |
| The Word of God |
 |
| Christian Science |
And the skies were gorgeous today! I just had to snap it:
 |
| Lovely Skies |
Here's some British humour for you at a news-stand:
 |
| British Humour, Hur Hur Hur |
And how often do you see this, how quaint:
 |
| The 'Telly' Phone |
And the glory of our God in heaven, manifested in His works of creation:
 |
| The Glory of God in the Skies |
And then I walked all the way to Beaumont Street, on the way back to Jesus College:
 |
| Beaumont Street |
And here's what lies along the street of Beaumont:
 |
| The Things Along Beaumont |
Including
The Randolph, a very expensive restaurant:
 |
| The Randolph - An Expensive Rest |
That's all for now, toodles! I'm feeling quite happy after walking around, albeit tired. Heh.
0 comments:
Post a Comment