So the rector of St. Ebbes was saying today:
"You know, according to Romans, we are to present our lives as a pleasing sacrifice to God; it's the age old-argument between the pig and the chicken on exactly who makes the larger contribution to traditional English breakfast! The chicken says, "I give my eggs," but the pig says, "I give the whole of myself for those Brits!"
To which of course, the entire assembly broke out into laughter, which kind of made my face brighten up after a serious sermon. :)
But yes, we are to offer our lives as a pleasing sacrifice. Why? Because it's in view of what God has done for us! I can't really remember the details of the sermon anymore, but I finally understood what Paul meant when he said that because of the Jews' disobedience we experience God's mercy. It was not without experiential reason that Paul said that, because whenever Paul stepped into a synagogue to preach, he was chased out by the Jews. And so he brought the good news to the Gentiles.
Gentiles. That's you, me and probably everyone in Singapore who's reading this! :) That's good news! But because of us, the Jews will also see God's grace working in and through us. :) Makes lots of sense now!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I've been rather busy lately, hanging out with my coursemates, trying to keep up with my work and readings and factoring everything else in seems quite tough.
But on Friday night I went for pizza with Phillip and I had a very good spiritual conversation with him. :) I had the Cairo pizza: [cf 3 November 2010's post]
And well, that's all I guess, quite tired to update. Toodles! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment