I used to read Macbeth by William Shakespeare, and it was very much a satire as much as it was a tragedy - it describes how one man's vaulting ambition led to his tragic downfall. Indeed, in most of Shakespeare's plays, the protagonist usually has a stark flaw that sticks out like a sore thumb. While in Macbeth's case it was ambition, in Brutus' (the popular Julius Caesar) case it was his ideals (altru-patriotism?) that caused his demise.
So how about my own vaulting ambition? I think I'm a really competitive person - but if so, all the more I need to rely on God to change me, so that I may bless my coursemates in return and love them as I love myself.
In the more culinary aspects of life, my ambition has led me to decide on whim that:
Yes, I will cook Hainanese Chicken Rice this Sunday for lunch and have a whole spring chicken to myself! :)
Lesson starts in 1 hour, and I guess I should stop hanging around online. :) Toodles!

0 comments:
Post a Comment