He made the heavens and they shine His glory, He moves the Sun across the sky! So incomparable are the stars of morning, radiant His light! He made the world in all its countless wonders! Composed a song, creation cries! Our God immortal, now in Jesus Christ!
God you are amazing, and so faithful! Teach me to be faithful and obedient - to see even when it's dark, to know even when I can't see, to believe even when I do not know, to understand it.
For You could give me everything in this world at a snap of your fingers, but then will I know the joy and comfort of resting in you and trusting in Your name? Your name is trustworthy, Your name is Jehovah Jireh, You provide for me oh Lord.
---------------------------------------------
I woke up this morning, and I prayed for all my friends back in Singapore, knowing that my prayer dimensions cannot simply vanish or shrink just because I am in need, for there is strength and comfort in prayer, to know that God hears us and will listen to us.
And when I was in the shower, I felt God speaking to me:
"Yong Kiat, is not the wisdom I've provided for you enough? Must you count on knowledge rather than the wisdom I've given to you?"
And immediately I took comfort in that, and the day started awesome. :)
---------------------------------------------
The college dining hall was closed today, so I went to get some breakfast from MacDonald's - and you know, just walking back from the restaurant, I felt so grateful:
1) For a warm cup of coffee and warm breakfast.
2) For cheap food!
2) For cheap food!
3) For a healthy body.
4) For a warm home to return to upstairs.
5) For my family.
6) For a lovely lady who never fails to encourage me with her bright SMSes.
7) For all of my friends back in Singapore.
And I thought - this must be God's first lesson for me, that give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus, from 1 Thessalonians 5:18. Indeed! Oxford has taught me that I've taken for granted what was given me, and only now do I appreciate the full magnitude and extent of what and who has been given to me.
Amazing - I take heat and warmth for granted. I take comfort for granted. I take health for granted. Maybe you might say "oh don't worry, I'm sure you don't take these for granted completely" - but to know the full extent of how much I need all of my family, the lady on my heart and all my friends in Singapore.
Amazing.
I give thanks!
And on the way back, I met this lady feeding the pigeons - and this came to mind from the book of Matthew 6:26:
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Indeed, my God sees me as valuable. And so I must live my life as valuable, for how can creation be worthless when the creator sees it as valuable? :)
Oh yes, thanks to globalization and perfect franchising, the MacDonald's here tastes exactly the same as it does back home in Singapore - the coffee totally made my day and the food, so much like home:
| MacDonald's £3 Big Breakfast |
God is good! All the time! And I will look forward to church service later at 11:45 at St. Ebbes!
Happy and joyful and blessed Sunday everybody! :)

2 comments:
*thumbs up*
Haha I love Jesus Christ too! :D
Post a Comment